Project Inspire is an effort to empower youth and young adults primarily in high school and college through programming and initiatives focusing on College and career preparation, Life skills, the Arts, and Self and community empowerment (CLAS). Our programming consists of scholarship dissemination for high school juniors and seniors, empowerment programs serving schools and organizations, and professional development programs for college students and young adults. Through our programs, we work to provide youth with a positive outlet and circle of support to serve as a foundation for future personal, educational, and professional success.
*Photo credit: John Coleman
The vision of Project Inspire is communities across the country where empowered youth have a continuous, massive impact on their own lives and the lives of those around them resulting in more empowered communities.
The mission of Project Inspire is to empower youth and young adults through powerful personal, educational and professional opportunities using the arts as a gateway to achievement.
Project Inspire strives to embody the values of:
- Inspiration – Project Inspire endeavors to be the inspiration for young people to become leaders in their lives, families and communities.
- Preparation – Project Inspire believes that if one has the tools to succeed, then eventual success is inevitable.
- Cultural Empowerment – Project Inspire builds upon the strengths of its participants’ culture, individuality and gifts.
Some of our recent accomplishments:
This year, we celebrate our 14th year as an organization and 12th year of providing scholarships for youth from under-resourced communities.
- We earmarked $6,000 in scholarships in 2017 to our most recent Daphne L. Valcin Scholarship for Creative Minds recipients
- We expanded opportunities for students in Lithonia, GA to apply to our scholarship program and had our first scholarship recipient from Georgia’s Martin Luther King Jr. High School in Lithonia, GA.
- We refined the way we review our scholarship applications to ensure a quality process for all of our applicants
Since our first day in operation:
- We have awarded $28,200 in scholarships to 35 scholarship recipients who are now currently in college or college graduates
- We have facilitated youth empowerment programs in Washington, D.C.; Atlanta, GA; Gainesville, FL; Baltimore, MD; and Philadelphia, PA serving over 500 students across the country
- We have featured professionals from the Chairperson of the Secretary of State of the United States to Financial Advisors in our quarterly professional development workshops to ensure youth are developing personally, professionally, and financially to expand their opportunities for success.
Just as we know our youth have unlimited possibilities, Project Inspire continues to operate in a framework of unlimited possibilities. We look forward to continuing to make a difference in the lives of our youth.